SudgestAid is a consortium whose members share their respective knowledge by promoting the transfer of abilities and know-how and by fostering integrated and multidisciplinary working strategies. The internal structure is agile and flexible and is based on the continuous interaction and participation of all members of the team. We keep up to date with the latest development strategies and strive to ensure the programmes we deliver and the working methods we use are innovative, while respecting the needs and sensibilities of the territories where we work. This increases the level of individual responsibility, the sense of belonging to the team and the commitment to achieve shared objectives.
Our presence and work in the field are supported by a broad and skilled network of partners and experts in Italy and abroad.
The quality of our work is assured by the “Technical Scientific Committee”, a panel of skilled and competent experts and by a “Conseil d’Honneur” which supports the Board of Directors in their advisory and supervisory functions.
To achieve our mission and objectives SudgestAid’s approach is one of ‘accompaniment’ which means:
- Gradually empowering local administrators and technicians to do everything ‘on their own’;
- reinforcing their autonomy and their ability to use their skills;
- not providing “ready-made” solutions, because our aim is not to substitute, but to support public entities and their activities – they assume the leading role;
- not giving pre-prepared answers to questions, but looking for the right answer together, talking together, building a consensus;
- involving local people as active participants at all stages of the project’s development.
Accompaniment can be provided using different working methods:
- Specialised technical assistance and coordination of complex projects;
- help with research and technological development for the environment and public administration;
- continuous and specialised training programmes delivered on-site or via distance learning, or through a combination of both.
Our work began several years ago, in the most difficult areas of Southern Italy, providing expert training in water and environmental resources management, programmes for the redistribution of assets confiscated from the Mafia and integrated projects to restore the identity of communities, respect for the law, and development opportunities…
Our experience comes from working with administrations facing difficult situations, dealing with social conflict or managing crippled institutions, and the search for viable solutions and strategies to address highly complex and delicate situations in Italy, as well as in other critical areas of the world.
Our motivation stems from our personal involvement in this commitment: not only do we have the know-how, we also believe in what we are doing.
We believe that commitment towards development must come from the grassroots of society up and from within institutions, and that local people, with their abilities and resources, history and identity should play a leading role. This kind of development takes time and requires integrated participation from all players from the fields of politics, economics, society, environment, culture and health. Development cannot be measured by an increase in GDP alone.
We believe that there is a need for development professionals who can “accompany” public entities and local authorities on this difficult path; SudgestAid is a network of “sherpas” … guides who do not falter when faced with a difficult situation, who are experts in their field, have excellent technical abilities and who are capable of giving operational support to their “clients”.
Within the framework of the Italian development and social cohesion policy and the policy regarding development aid for foreign countries – in particular the Mediterranean, the Middle East and the Balkans – SudgestAid provides the necessary tools and skills to help regional and sub-regional areas experiencing serious difficulties. In particular:
- Areas marked by high levels of social and economic degradation and severe environmental damage;
- areas where there is a great need to re-establish and maintain the rule of law and public institutions, and restore order;
- in countries hit by crisis and in post-conflict situations in which “Peace-keeping” and “stabilisation” missions are underway;
- in situations where it is necessary to re-create the conditions required for civic involvement and consensus following a conflict;
- in areas affected by natural and environmental disasters.
SudgestAid's committments are:
- Supporting the modernisation of systems of governance through the updating and development of local technical and administrative skills, the efficacy and effectiveness of public administrations; aiding administrative decentralisation, the organisation of institutions and their operative structures; strengthening respect for the rule of law and transparency in public forums; promoting the involvement of the local population and stakeholders;
- promoting local sustainable development by capitalising on the resources, experience and historic-cultural heritage available locally; by programming development activities that respect the local territory and the renewability of its environmental resources; by championing human rights and liberties, participation and consensus, assuring equality and respect for different cultures and equal opportunity.
Link Campus University (www.unilink.it) is an Italian University (DM September 21, 2011 in the Official Gazette of November 17, 2011 n. 268 series gen.) with a strong international vocation. Link Campus University promotes an innovative teaching in relation to its contents and methods. The University combines a prestigious academic tradition with a modern vision of the many training and qualified competencies of its Study Centres which are Centers of excellence. Thanks to the Study Centers, the University provides consulting services and technical assistance to the central and local PA, to local governments, to the business domain.
In recent years Link Campus has established important relationships and partnerships not only with Italian universities, but also with international academic institutions.
Formez is a state-controlled association, a legal entity, operating at the national level and responsible to the Department of Public Functions of the Premiership of the Council of Ministers. Formez provides research, training, consultation and technical assistance to central, regional and local administrations through training and support aimed at developing organisational and administrative innovation projects, improving the quality of services and the effectiveness of policies, supporting the internationalisation of public administrations and the start up of international cooperation projects whose purpose is to develop administrative systems through the exchange of ideas, experience and standard practices.
Consedin is a company that, since 1987, has been offering consultation and technical assistance to public administrations and private companies in two specific areas. One is information technology: operating in the field of planning and integration of complex information systems; spheres of e-government, websites and web portals; complex CRM systems; technical-systems assistance; security and networking; protocol and document management. The other is consultation: organising consultations; training; communication; procedural and organisational consultation to public administrations, holders of National and Regional Operational Programmes co-financed by structural funds. In particular, the services offered in this last specialised area concern technical assistance, monitoring and surveillance, ex-ante, in-itinere and ex-post assessments. Core clients are public administrations, agencies and private companies.
Consedin spa holds UNI EN ISO 9001-2000 certification.
Tree - European Environmental Engineering specialises in environmental engineering. Established in Rome in 2000, its aim is to assist state and private entities in governmental and territorial planning of sustainable development and with an underlying emphasis on ethics. Through its professionalism, Tree has developed complex projects and carried out activities relating to the study, consultation and planning in the sector of territorial planning (soil management, water resources management, fluvial hydraulics), the management of complex technological systems (water and environmental services) and in the assessment of environmental impact. Core clients are state and regional administrations, state entities, supervisory authorities and public utility services.
Tree srl holds UNI EN ISO 9001-2000 certification.
Geocart is an engineering company created in 1995 in Potenza, in the region of Basilicata, whose aim is to respond, in an organised and flexible manner, to the growing demand for terrain mapping services and inspections of technological networks. Today, Geocart develops high-tech processes, supplying innovative services in the sectors of earth observation and environmental analyses, information and communication technology, energy and human resources, by supplying specialised advice and support in creating, managing and inspecting projects both at the national and international levels.
Its core activities are the planning, production and maintenance of geographic databases, the development of territorial information systems and cartographic editing and satellite image-processing towards the refining and modelling of geographic data generated by terrestrial and aerial mapping with the use of traditional and innovative techniques and instrumentation (GPS, laser scanner, photogrammetric cameras and sensors operating on various spectral bands).
Moreover, over the last years, Geocart has developed its expertise in the management of international cooperation projects through its involvement in various EU Programmes, such as Phare, Tacis and Meda.
Geocart srl holds UNI EN ISO 9001-2000 certification.
You can download our statute here.